It was definitely a case of over the hills and far away for our sun worshipping, medal hunting athletes of Minster Milers this weekend.
Saturday 7th July Races
- Richard Clifton warmed up at the Montacute Park Run finding good form with a 5th overall.
- Tom Jennings and Julian Wilkes continued their sibling rivalry at the Guildford Triathlon which took on a 50m pool/500m swim, a 24k ride followed by a 5k+ trail run. Both enjoyed successes with a 9th and 12th overall respectively. Tom winning the brotherly bragging rites this time however Julian did achieve 3rd in age category.
- Stuart Gold and Caroline Mullane braved the heat on the Ham to Lyme Ultra Run, 31 miles/50k were tackled by the smiley Milers pair on a hilly demanding route. The result was a sea side finish, a dip in the sea and a well deserved ice cream!
Sunday 8th July Races
- Jo Carnell and Nina Wagstaff took to two wheels on the Velothon Wales for 90 miles in 6 hours of hard riding up some iconic climbs such as the ‘Tumble’ Well done MM ladies
- Richard Clifton and Hilary Askew caught a ferry to race around Lundy Island! With Richard coming in 16th in under two hours covering the 14 miles with over 2000ft of climbing.
Both Milers experienced some amazing scenery and even caught sight of porpoises!
Well done everyone